“The things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others.” 2 Timothy 2:2
NMI 100th BIRTHDAY this month!
I heard from Kent that almost all of our churches have sent in their LINKS for this year. CONGRATULATIONS!
· Youth in Mission “OVER THE MOON” (Registration info on the NMI & NYI web pages)
November 13-14 from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. at the Falcon Center at Fairmont State University.
Lindsay Sidle, daughter of Gary and Penney missionaries to Zambia) is the guest speaker.
· W&W – Pukalani, HI November 3-13. Remember to pray for the team.
· October is Kingdom Builder’s Month. (Check page 12 of your convention book)
These funds are sent to Kent.
· This is also the month to send your Missionary Christmas offering so our missionaries receive
it in time.(p.16,19)
· The spring Honduras already has 7 people signed up. Interested? Talk to Chuck (Gatian).
We have received word that one of our warehouses are almost out of Crisis Care Kits (CCKs) and School Pal-Paks (SPPs). Please remember to send in the appropriate funds ($12 per box of CCKs; $10 per box of SPPs) for shipping costs during the distribution process. Instructions are on the NMI web site and have remained the same since 2014.
Some of the places who have received CCKs and SPPs in 2015:
· Dominican Republic—1,074 CCKs and 240 SPPs—for Child Development Centers (CDCs) and other
Nazarene Compassionate Ministries (NCM) projects
· Zambia—650 CCKs and 120 SPPs—for CDCs and other NCM projects
· Madagascar—700 CCKs and 240 SPPs—for CDCs and other NCM projects
· Haiti—174 CCKs and 60 SPPs—shipped with water filtration units for NCM projects
· Kenya—300 CCKs and 120 SPPs—for CDCs and other NCM projects
· Ukraine—600 CCKs—for refugees from invaded areas
· United States—420 CCKs and 120 SPPs—distributed to military veterans in need
· Moldova—400 CCKs and 240 SPPs—for people in long-term, extreme poverty.
Please continue praying for people living as refugees and for our brothers and sisters around the world who are welcoming refugees and living in the margins of their communities. Together, we can spark change! (Check out how the Church of the Nazarene is helping on the Nazarene Compassionate Ministry website.